Speeding Ticket Lawyer in El Paso
Helping Texas Drivers Preserve Their Record
Fighting a speeding ticket in Texas can be complicated, and failing to follow the directions correctly could result in a warrant for your arrest and a suspension of your license. By having an El Paso speeding ticket attorney on your side who understands the law and how to navigate it, you can fight your speeding ticket with confidence. Call the Law Offices of Ruben Ortiz today for a lawyer who has been fighting for clients since 1998.
Call the Law Offices of Ruben Ortiz by dialing (915) 308-8850 today. You can also contact us online to retain our services right away.
Speeding Laws in Texas
Regarding driving over the speed limit, police officers can write you a ticket for traveling 10% above the posted limit. This means if the speed limit is 50 mph and you are traveling at 55 mph, you are speeding and could have points added to your driving record accordingly.
If you choose to fight your ticket, your options include:
- Plead not guilty – This option will require that you notify the correct Texas municipal court to let them know you are contesting the charge. You must then attend a pretrial hearing, and possibly present your case in trial by showing witnesses and evidence to prove your argument
- Traffic school – By attending traffic school, you spend time in commercial driving school either in-person or online to have your points cleared up. This option is only available once within a 12-month period and only if you do not have a Commercial Driver’s License
Exceptions for Fighting a Ticket
There are certain cases where the alleged offense is serious enough that you will not be allowed to attend a traffic school to have a ticket dismissed.
Offenses that cannot be dismissed through a defensive driving course are:
- Speeding 25 mph over the speed limit
- Passing a school bus
- Committing a misdemeanor or felony offense
- Fleeing the scene of an accident
- Speeding in a construction zone
Get the Help of the Law Offices of Ruben Ortiz
Since 1998, our team has helped tens of thousands of clients to avoid having serious consequences for their speeding tickets. To get our El Paso traffic ticket attorneys on your side, you can call us or just walk into our office — open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. When you retain our services, we can go to court on your behalf, allowing you to stay focused on work, school, or whatever else you have happening in your life.
Dial (915) 308-8850 or contact us online to start fighting your traffic ticket.
Exceptional Track Record of Success
Strong & Trusted Advocate for His Clients
Fighting for His Clients Since 1998
Tens of Thousands of Individuals Represented Before State & Federal Courts
Winner of “The Best Lawyer to Get You Out of Trouble” by El Paso’s What’s Up Entertainment Weekly from 2007-2012
Awarded Top Lawyer for 2016 & 2017 from The Global Directory of Who's Who