El Paso DUI Defense Attorney
Accused of a DUI or DWI in Texas?
If you choose to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and are pulled over by law enforcement, you could be facing charges of Driving Under the Influence (DUI). In Texas, the legal blood alcohol concentration for those over the age of 21 is. 08, .02 for those under the age of 21, and .04 for drivers of commercial vehicles.
If you have been arrested and charged with DUI, it is absolutely critical to immediately retain the services of our experienced El Paso DUI lawyer. You could be facing very severe penalties, including the loss of your freedom, loss of driving privileges, substantial fines, and the negatives associated with a permanent criminal record.
Our El Paso DWI Lawyer specializes in:
- Blood Draws & DWI
- Challenging Field Sobriety Tests
- DWI Causing Injury
- DWI Search & Seizure
- DWI License Suspension
- DWI with Child Passenger
- License Suspension - ALR
- Multiple DWIs
- Occupational or Temporary License for DWI
- Out of State DWI
- Refusing a Breathalyzer
The Law Offices of Ruben Ortiz can successfully handle your case, protect your rights, and aggressively fight for the outcome you need!
DUI Penalties in El Paso
Some of the penalties that you may be facing for a DUI conviction include:
- First offense: three to 180 days in jail, up to $2,000 in fines, and a license suspension of 90 to 365 days
- Second offense: 30 days to one year in jail, up to $4,000 in fines, a license suspension of 180 days to two years, and the installation of an Interlock Ignition Device (IID) in your vehicle
- Third offense: two years in jail, up to $10,000 in fines, a license suspension of 180 days to two years, and the installation of an Interlock Ignition Device (IID) in your vehicle
DWI Attorney in El Paso, Texas
There are numerous defense to DUI cases, especially with respect to mistakes and rights violations committed by police officers.
Ruben Ortiz will immediately begin investigating every detail of the situation to see if the officer had a lawful reason to pull you over in the first place, if all tests were properly administered, if any evidence was videotaped, and anything else that could potentially strengthen your defense.
Contact our El Paso office today at (915) 308-8850 and schedule your free consultation with El Paso DUI defense lawyer Ruben Ortiz!
Exceptional Track Record of Success
Strong & Trusted Advocate for His Clients
Fighting for His Clients Since 1998
Tens of Thousands of Individuals Represented Before State & Federal Courts
Winner of “The Best Lawyer to Get You Out of Trouble” by El Paso’s What’s Up Entertainment Weekly from 2007-2012
Awarded Top Lawyer for 2016 & 2017 from The Global Directory of Who's Who